Australian Deans of Education met with Schools Minister Garrett in Sydney in March to plan the national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Retention and Graduation Project within their universities.
- an audit of of context, practices and outcomes for Indigenous students in teacher education institutions
- a review of approaches to improve retention and graduation
- a report on current course completion and early career experiences
- networks of teacher educators, Indigenous units and other university leaders
- institutional plans to improve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander retention, success and graduation rates
Forum presenters included MATSITI Director Professor Peter Buckskin, ACDE President Professor Toni Downes, QUT Executive Dean Professor Wendy Patton and Hon Minister Peter Garrett MP.
edutech is project managing the Initiative – visit www.matsiti.edu.au for the the full post and presentations.