Aboriginal Cultural Insights is an introductory series of online modules designed to improve student understanding of Aboriginal histories, culture, protocols and perspectives.
The interactive resource was developed for students of the University of South Australia with a special focus on the cultures where UniSA campuses are located – Kaurna, Barngarla and Boandik nations.
The online resource consists of 5 interactive modules:
- Culture and Identity
- The First Australians
- Our Shared History
- Aboriginal People and Policies Today
- Cultural and Professional Skills
Cultural Insights demo » (password required)
Example Interactive Map – Aboriginal Trade Routes
Example Interactive Map #2 – Missions, Reserves, Historical Events
- Role: Project Manager / content developer
- Client: University of South Australia
- Sponsor: Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP)
- Budget: $100,000 (approx)